Use these 12 easy steps to do music mixing at home
In the initial stages to music track being launched, there are a lot of glitches present. That kind of track being shared to the world is like committing professional suicide. Mastering of the music is like asking for a second opinion. Here we share with you 12 easy steps to music mixing so that you can convert your music inside the convenience of your home.
- First and foremost optimize your room so that you can clearly hear what the exact sound that is being produced is. An untreated room is going to make your music fall flat.
- Next, complete your mix as you cannot master your music until that has been done.
- The loudest part of your song should range between -4 and -6dB. You have to ensure that your faders are not clipping at any point in time.
- Export down the stereo track to the same bit and sample rate as the session. You need to create a .wav or .aiff file.
- Use reference tracks to figure out and make changes in the track created.
- Listen to your track first and then listen to the reference tracks to find out the difference.
- Now with the compressor, you must compress your tracks by maximum 0 dB’s not more than that.
- Take the help of an EQ and multi-band compressor to match up to the reference tracklist.
- You can now use tools like saturation and stereo widening to color the mix created. This, however, is optional and you may or may not do it.
- Use limiter to increase the loudness of your music. At the loudest points, you can remove 2-4dB for gain reduction.
- Now use a meter like LUFS or Dynameter to find out if your dynamic range is appropriate or not.
- Lastly, export your mix to 16 bits and 44.1 kHz. However, here do not forget to dither the music.
For any record label to be successful the music tracks should be mastered well. Even the DJ’s these days do not encourage any kind of music without mastering and therefore if you want to be successful you have to work on your tracks. If the above steps look too difficult for you then contacting Beatrising Mastering service is the only solution at hand. Not only do they know how to handle the music promotion of your track their mastering is top-notch and would give your music the jump it requires.