Facts about music copyright infringement that you ought to know
Music knows no boundaries. Those who are passionately engrossed in making good music have loads of other issues to tackle as well. On one side they are worried that their music may not reach maximum people while on the other they have to think about their music getting pirated. If you are in the same boat as well here are facts about music copyright infringement that you ought to know.
- If one party feels that their music has been copied and they have a copyright to the same that is a case of copyright infringement. To prove yourself correct the party needs to prove the ownership to the music piece.
- To combat Music Piracy you would have to show proof that the copyright to that music lies with you. This can be done by submitting the document issued by the U.S copyright office which proves your ownership. Usually, any direct evidence, in this case, is not available you have to rely on indirect sources to prove the authenticity.
- Most artists get music royalties for when their music is streamed or purchased. However, if the music is stolen then the story becomes a little complicated. If you are able to prove that you are on the right side you can get a stop on the further streaming or playing of the controversial content.
- If you have taken the copyright before the infringement the other party would have to pay you for the losses you incurred. You can even ask them for the attorney fees that you have had to pay. Often this overhead is more than the loss you incurred.
- People who copy stuff may also use a little protection here. To stop you from charging them they can use the music for educational purposes, as part of a parody of existing work and for commenting or criticizing. If that happens you cannot take any action against the other party.
Copyright infringement is a major problem these days. If you are also worried about your content getting stolen then you must get it to copyright in advance. In case there is still someone who steals your music then that person can be prosecuted if you are able to prove his crime. Beatrising Anti-Piracy service ensures that your music is never encroached upon and even if it is you get intimidated about you can take strong action against the same. With their help, your music remains protected and you can stream it on correct platforms to get the right exposure.