Tips to sign up for the best digital music distribution deals
You have all the traits of becoming successful in the music industry and your music album is also ready for release. The next that you would be looking for is to find out a digital distribution company and sign a lucrative distribution deal with them. In the sea of so many companies, however, getting this done is not as easy as it looks. Here are some things you ought to do to land up with a profitable deal.
- Research– First and foremost start by making a list of all the digital distribution firms in the market. You can talk to other labels and artists and find out which are the best ones that you can consider. Later you ought to give each of them a call and try and speak to the person who is most likely handling all the deal signing procedures.
- Pitch your album– Next is the process of convincing the manager that you have the talent and your music is worth a consideration. To do that prepare a small docket of items that should be sent across. This would include the following items.
- Your album
- Details of any radio promotion
- Any tours undertaken
- Social media and general coverage of the album
- Any upcoming release
- Press releases related to the album
- Increase the chance of a deal– In today’s competitive environment convincing a digital distribution service provider to sign a deal with you is a daunting task. Especially if you do not have prior background in the industry most companies would not want to associate with you. To avoid that use the tactics below to increase your chances.
- A distribution company can consider you only if they see that you have planned all the things in advance. Have a definite label and artist strategy which you can discuss with the company in question. Once they are assured that you are not just wasting their time you can be assured to get a chance to grab the deal.
- Already have a specific promotion plan in place. This would show that you are keen to stay in the industry for long and increase your chances of being given the exclusive deal.
- Deal sealing– Once you are assured the distributor who you are going to sign the distribution deal with a start on finishing the basics. Discussing the following information is absolutely necessary in this case.
- How many releases do they want?
- Who pays for the manufacturing and how soon the restocking is done?
- How many promos would the distributor need initially?
- Entire payment procedure and how you frequent you expect it?
- Copyright permissions?
Now that you have a signed contract in your hand you are ready to rock. Make sure to adhere to the above to avoid getting cheated by anyone in the long run. In any case, a trustworthy digital distribution firm’s deal is the bonus that would lead you to the quick path of success.