Music promotion can be made flawless through playlists on Spotify
Making playlists on Spotify is one of the trendiest ways of promoting music. Now due to the option of sharing songs on social media, provided by Spotify, it has become a good espousal amongst people. Record labels also help in launching new songs of the emerging singers on Spotify. Even many DJs are also uploading their mix tracks on Spotify.
The best way for music promotion on Spotify is to make an artist playlist. It is a playlist which can be created by an artist or a record label.
How to make your own playlist
Here are some Spotify tips to make your own playlists:
- Pin the playlist to the top of your artist profile with Artist’s Pick.
- Update it frequently. Try to add and/or remove tracks at least every other week.
- Get the word out and share on social media.
- Ask fans what they’d like to see in your playlist. Run competitions, make it collaborative.
- Consider regional differences – the Spotify catalog can be different depending on the country you’re in.
- Make your playlists unique by adding an image and text.
- Start with around 25 tracks but avoid making it too long (max 100 tracks is advisable).
- Think about music for various moods and moments. Here are some theme ideas to get you started: “Listening to right now”, “All-time favourites”, “Current inspiration”, “Whole catalogue/discography”, “Touring tunes”.
Why should an artist create a Spotify playlist?
- People will follow your dedicated playlist and won’t skip it.
- You have full control over it and do not have to pitch for it.
- It increases the chance of getting promoted on Spotify.
- It ignites the positive actions in Spotify and helps you start your new tracks.
Here you find the complete Spotify Guide to make your own playlists.
For further help or doubts, you can contact Beatrising Distribution, which will market your new albums through promotion on Spotify and other online music apps.