Canvas: the Spotify Visual Tool
Many of you may have noticed the launching of Spotify’s own visual tool known as “Canvas”. It gives the listeners a whole experience of listening to an artist’s track. The artists can add visual loops to their tracks on Spotify and the listeners get to enjoy the effect it creates
Available in a limited beta version Canvas from Spotify it is now offering a chance to artists to join the waitlist to do so. You just need to click on “Join now” on the Spotify website and get going. If you have been able to gain access to the tool here we give you 10 tips to derive maximum benefit from the Spotify Canvas tool.
1. Select footage that has no singing or talking of any kind. Since Canvas cannot be synced to track it is best to use portion which has no lyrics.
2. Do not make rapid cuts or use flashy images in the track. It tends to become disturbing to the eyes of the person viewing it.
3. It is advisable to not place any information in the hidden area. All that you are going to say should be clearly visible and also remember the lower half has the controls so that the portion is also out of your reach.
4. This visual tool already shows you the name of the artist and other details in the now playing section. If you mention it again it would be like wasting the space that you have.
5. There are three types of loops available and you should know how to use each one of them efficiently. The continuous loop has no beginning or end and the most difficult to achieve. On the other hand, had cut loop has clear editing points. Rebound is the third kind and it plays your clip and then reverses it again.
6. Though a Canvas gives you only 3 to 8 seconds if you are creative you can use it to create an interesting story that attracts attention.
7. The piece that you have created here can be saved in your artistic profile on Spotify too. By doing that you ensure that the listeners connect you with the Canvas creation.
8. It is better if you create a theme that matches your entire album as that is bound to increase the interest levels.
9. You can keep updating your Canvas as many times as you want. Feel free to explore the tool to get the best results.
10. Use the occasion to match your Canvas and let your album benefit from the integration.
Digital Music Distribution has become an integral part of our music industry. Firms like Beatrising help artists to expand the reach of their tracks by using different tools. If you are also one among them get in touch with Beatrising to investigate all scopes of growth you can have.