What not to do to avoid annoying your music fans
Music promotion in today’s times is the essential step towards making an impact on the minds of the listeners. Initially, we think that providing them with all the necessary information is mandatory to ensure their attention. However, too much pestering can cause them to feel barraged and they may totally ditch your promotion efforts completely. Here are a few essential tips which you must follow to avoid annoying your listeners.
- Using social media properly– Though social media platforms are a sure shot method to get in touch with your listeners do not go overboard with its usage. Make a point to publish one or two posts per day not more than that. A digital music distribution service will guide you about how and what kind of posts can garner maximum attention for you.
- Do not spam– When we put a buy our product title on the Facebook post it is a method to actually make the listener feel spammed. However, if the message keeps on flashing on his screen he may tend to get intimidated. Instead, give him free merchandise to get him into friendly terms with you.
- Website updating– A redundant website tends to cause people to be put off with your lack of feelings for them. Keep your majority of stuff on your website and make sure that you update them regularly. Inside your website, you need to put all your information like gigs, events, concerts etc. Once the listener reaches your website he should be able to understand your tracks and your future prospects.
- Mailing list– Even if you are working in tandem with an online music distributor take care that you do have an updated mailing list. This is because not everyone may check your website often but they do see your emails regularly. So to stay on top of their recall make sure that you are providing them with enough information on a regular basis.
- Promopool– Instead of going round circles with the music promotion try using the Promopool Beatrising feature. Your track would be shared with reliable music industry stalwarts like DJ’s, music artists who can further promote it with listeners and ensure that your album gets optimal reach.
Before signing up with the best music digital distribution company for yourself make sure that they also handle music promotion. Not taking care of it appropriately can cause your listeners to feel diffident and disassociate with you something that you would not really want.