Ways to file a music content claim
There have been numerous events where the content of unique creators was copied and adapted by others in their own YouTube channels or on other music streaming platforms. In this kind of event, one can directly file a music content claim with the DMS (Digital Music Services). Here are the techniques that you should follow as per the DMS.
By submitting online forms
One can easily submit online forms mentioning the claimant’s name, company’s name, email id, URL of the particular song or video that has been copied, and also the content type. One has to fill-up the form on those websites only, where the copied content was found. Various sites, such as Spotify, Apple, and Google, offer this facility, so as to track the real culprit and cease such heinous crime.
By sending emails
Other than filling up online forms, the original owner of the content can simply mail to websites, like Deezer or Napster, at their own particular email addresses, where they have to specify the pieces of information for effective actions to be taken.
The procedure to fill up a DMCA notice through email is stated below.
Provide the necessary information about the claimant and details of the copyright infringement:
- Name: The petitioner here needs to make reference to his/ her complete name.
- Company: The claimant has to mention the company name under which the authentic content is produced.
- Email: You need to mention your own email id for further correspondence.
- Link to the original right-holder: Label / management / exclusive distributor.
- Mention what’s copied: You also need to mention what exactly has been copied, whether it is a sound recording or artwork or trademark.
- Link to the litigious content: Here comes the most crucial part, as one should mention the direct link to the duplicated content.
- Short explanation about the infringement: The particular tunes or beats or other musical notes that have been copied, should be mentioned here, with a brief synopsis of what is replicated.
You must present some statements that look appealing:
- I, therefore, express that I have decent confidence, that the utilization of the content is not authorized by the copyright proprietor, its operator, or the law.
- I, hereby, express that under the punishment of prevarication, the complaining party is authorized to act and take necessary actions on behalf of the true owner of the content against the breach of copyright.
For additional assistance, you can contact Beatrising Distribution, which with its Anti Piracy System can identify a not valid content, by surveying it through their large group of data. This is how they ensure timely elimination of duplicate contents.