Know about Instagram algorithm
It is important to know more about how the new Instagram algorithm works. Well, Instagram heads to machine learning to find out your past activities to offer your feed.
Six major factors that determine your feed are:
Interest: Instagram analyzes your past behavior to find out the post you care for the most.
Recency: When it was last posted? Yes, Instagram puts up the latest posts on top of the old ones.
Relationship: It is about your connection with some people based on your interaction with them.
Frequency: Determines how often you use the app and accordingly updates you.
Following: The size of your feed will depend on the number of people you follow. It means focusing on some people will not make your feed big.
Usage: If you spend more time on the app, Instagram will be easily lookout for content and display more things for you.
What about Reels and IGTV Videos?
For IGTV video & Reels, again Instagram relied on machine learning format to prioritize posts & accounts you engage with the most. It finds through the content to identify the relevant posts all through the Explore page.
Make sure you include catchy captions, a lot of appropriate hashtags, and select an impressive cover photo for reels and IGTV video.
What will not work?
Instagram’s Team cleared some myths about the algorithm.
- Instagram feed will not support users who utilize Live, Stories, or any other features present on the app.
- Instagram will not bring the rank down for users who post often or for any other behaviors in particular but may exchange other content in case the user shoots separate posts rapidly.
- No additional feed presence will be given by the Instagram business or personal accounts.
- Follow the best practices led by Instagram and avoid cheating. Be consistent and use relevant hashtagging, post quality content, and plan the timing for your posts to help your content perform better.
- Instagram will not hide the content posted by users if they post a lot of hashtags or any other activity.
Use your music to make an Instagram Reels
Instagram: Music Stickers and Lyrics on Stories
A Musician’s short guide to Instagram
Image by Dante DOria from Pixabay