“Although it remains early days, we are enthusiastic about the recent launch of Pandora Premium,” said Tim Westergren, Founder and CEO of Pandora. “Pandora Premium is a major leap forward for the company and allows us to offer a variety of products to our large base of listeners. Additionally, our Q1 results were consistent with our expectations and demonstrated Pandora’s ability to improve ad monetization, while controlling costs and evolving our consumer experience in ways that enhance usage trends of our most engaged listeners.”
Subscription Growth Re-accelerates, Growing Approximately 20% Year-Over-Year:
• Total subscribers increased to 4.71 million in Q1 2017 from 3.93 million in Q1 2016, growing approximately 20% year-over-year.
• 1.3 million trial starts across subscription tiers since the Premium launch in mid-March, including more than 500 thousand Premium trial starts.
• Q1 2017 total consolidated revenue was $316.0 million, growing 6% year-over-year.
• Q1 2017 subscription revenue was $64.9 million, growing 19% year-over-year.
• Q1 2017 ticketing service revenue was $27.8 million, growing 25% year-over-year.
• Q1 2017 ad RPMs were $50.87, growing 12% year-over-year.
Read more on Pandora Press Release.