5 marketing strategies to get your music on playlists
Artists living in today’s digital era place a great emphasis to get themselves discovered in an insanely jam-packed place. They are eager to make it big in the music industry. Platforms like Spotify and Apple Music offer numerous tracks. So, how do you think you can go about music promotion getting yourself recognized as an independent composer or musician who is looking to get there?
Here are five useful things you can do to fortify your chances of getting on some of the curated playlists.
- Your Priority Should Be Social Media: It’s important that you engage your target audience through various forms of social media, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. They are vital to Store editorial teams and third-party curators. The way you engage with social media which reflects their fans online and offline. However, getting 200 likes on a post does not make a great difference, but a person with only 450 followers, that’s simply amazing.
- Make the Most of Your Streaming Profiles: Are you looking to entice playlist curators? Being consistently active on your streaming profiles will be a smart move. Doing so will show that you are dedicated to your craft and are willing to collaborate for promotion on Spotify. Ensure that you keep your streaming profiles updated with the most current information about forthcoming shows, new songs, and many more.
- Help Algorithmic Playlists Find You: Algorithmic playlists are auto-generated, which are based on several things. These include trends, most-shared music, and listening history.
- Make Your Own Playlists: If you want to showcase your taste in music, creating a few playlists of your own will be the smartest move you can make. That way, Stores and Streaming Platforms realize that you are dedicated for curating content on their diverse platforms introduce your music to new listeners and provide your fans with shareable content.
- Have a Great Pitch: When you are looking to pitch your track to be included on a playlist, it’s important for you to ensure that you incorporate any all appropriate info you have got. Include anything that you think will surely attract the curator. Doesn’t it feel great to stand out from the crowd?
Spotify users apparently spend half of their valuable time listening to playlists they create on their own. Getting featured on a Spotify playlist with a massive following can help you with immense growth not only for you, but your featured track as well.