Facebook Best practices for labels and DJs 2021
Facebook, one of the popular social networks across the world has introduced some significant changes. This article will help artists know about these changes for 2021.
Moving from Likes to Follows
Facebook introduced a more modernized view for its platform. Earlier the pages were allowed to display the count of ‘likes’ and the count of ‘followers’ which now have been transformed to show just the follower number.
If you are not aware of the difference between a follow and a like then it can be explained as – follower number displays the person getting updates on your page. It helps you get a clear picture of your fans.
Experience with the New Page
Apart from that change, a new page experience is also released by Facebook which creates an easy-to-use layout.
Also, the new Pages experience offers a dedicated news feed for the artist and makes it easier to explore and participate in conversations and increase engagement with fans.
More updates associated with new Pages Experience are:
- Easy navigation between Pages and personal profile.
- Advanced task-oriented admin controls providing trusted Page admins complete control/partial access.
- Insights to make informed decisions and relevant notifications.
- Safety and genuine features to identify spammy content and fraudster account.
PMVs – Premium Music Videos
Yet another significant change introduced by Facebook is PMVs in August 2020 for fans residing in the US.
You can easily discover videos on this platform. The followers get notified when there is a new video launched by their favorite artists and also get to know about music and also new music can be explored on Facebook Watch.
Also, you can use Creator Studio to edit your videos or view analytics. Creators are free to edit the posts, title, description, thumbnail, closed caption, and poll.
Tips for PMV release
- Interact with fans & collaborators weeks before the release.
- For the release, you need to create your Facebook event.
- Start/activate Fan Groups.
- Attract -platform traffic to music videos on Facebook.
- Integrate Call-to-Actions on your page and posts.
- Encourage fans to engage and keep engaging.
- Share your music video clips to Instagram stories, Reels, and Facebook.